Sunday 5 June 2011

My God - It's Full of Grass

These are the helpful icons on the back of a lawnmower. In the efforts to cope with the Tower of Babel societies we increasingly find ourselves in, the humble mower has introduced some mysterious, and some very graphic (no pun intended), symbols.

I get that the wordless book is telling us to RTM, and that we should unplug before doing any maintenance. The highly stylised cloud (it looks like a hat) tells us not to mow the grass when it's raining. Thereafter, it all gets either vague or just plain brutal.


Stop the world, I want to get off... They've had to resort to some English here, because they couldn't find any other way to tell you it needs to stop! You know, that thing that goes round.



That's gotta hurt. This seems so horrendous, and yet it does happen. What strikes me as particularly odd though is that there are only two severed fingers in the top symbol, yet the person is clearly missing more. Obviously someone didn't learn their lesson.


Oh the humanity. I never want this to happen to me. The quick reactions of the person may mean they save at least one limb, but I doubt they'll ever mow again.



I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that. This one foxes me completely, but I've seen it on several mowers. Sometimes the obelisk is larger, sometimes the humanoid isn't floating, but always they are inextricably linked by a double-headed arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment